How to Fix Windows Defender Error Code 0x80004004 – Windows defenders is definitely the best thing about Windows. It protects your windows against all the threats and keeps your system secure from all the bugs and other harmful things present on the internet. Over the years windows defender has improved a lot and became much better than its previous versions. It can stand alone as the best antivirus for your PC therefore, it is important that it works in the best way. Windows users often witness the error code 0x80004004 and look for the ways to Fix Windows Defender Error Code 0x80004004.
Microsoft has provided this freeware tool in the Windows 10 and Windows 8 as well with the motive of protecting the system from all sorts of external threats and harms which includes the malware and spyware. That is why you cannot afford any sorts of errors and issues in the window defender. If you are having windows defender in your system then you do not need to have any third party software to protect your system. Despite all these amazing things about the Windows 10, you will still face some kind of issues and errors which includes error code 0x80004004. If you want to know How to Fix Windows Defender Error Code 0x80004004 then you are at the right place. Here you will get the best solution to resolve this error code.
Cause of Windows Defender Error 0x80004004
The possible reason for the occurrence of this error code is due to another antivirus program which is installed on your system.
It can create conflicts by preventing the Windows Defender program from updating. Another reason behind this error could be some system files missing. Bad internet connection can also result in this error to appear. Sometimes another antivirus can also cause this error to occur. Another antivirus can conflict and could stop the windows defender from updating.
Solution to fix the Windows Defender Error Code 0x80004004
OIt is very important that you have the idea about the occurrence or the time when the problem or the errors started to occur.
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet not only this the internet connection should be reliable. Sometimes the unreliable internet connection can lead to the issues.
- Run the installed antivirus or malware program to remove any sort of virus ormalwrae from your computer. You can go for the full scan of your system.
- You also need to disable the program for sometimes as the antivirus/malware can also cause the issues in carrying out certain operations.
Install the Pending Update
It is important to make sure whether your update is installed or not. Sometimes the upgrade is only downloaded but not installed. Such pending updates can cause the error. Therefore, make sure there is no such pending in your system.
- Click on the “Start”.
- Now in the search box, you need to Type “Update” and hit Enter.
- Now in the results look for any uninstalled update(s). Right-click on each and update the same.
Now simply look what you were doing before the error occurred. Check if it is still occurring or not.
Run the Troubleshooter
The troubleshooter can be a great help for you. Try running the troubleshooter and fix the error. Here are the steps to do so:
- Press the Win + W keys.
- Now you need to type “Troubleshooter” before selecting it on the resultant screen.
- All you need to do is to select “View all”.
- Click on “Windows Update troubleshooter”.
- Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to the letter before reverting to what you were doing before the error. Check if the error is still occurring or not.
Run System File Checker to fix error 0x80004004
To resolve the error, running built-in system file checker can be a great help. This tool will scan and repair the corrupt file that is causing the error. Follow the steps given below in order to overcome run the system file checker:
1. Click on the “Start” button.
2. Now type “cmd” in the “Search programs and files” box.
3. Now press the CTRL + Shift + Enter together before clicking “OK” to open the command prompt.
4. Before hitting the enter you need to Type “chkdsk/f/r” into the prompt.
5. Now type “Y” in response to the resultant notification.
You now need to start the computer in order to allow the disk check to run. Make sure that you give the tool enough time to complete before trying to do what we’re doing before the error actually occurs.
These were the most effective method to fix the error code 0x80004004. In case you are still facing the issues than feel free to join the experts for the immediate solution. Our experts will help you well in fixing the issue accurately through the live chat.